A couple of days ago, the IRON DRIFT KING’s organizers released a statement about moving forward without the Drift Masters series for 2024. Read more about it.
Now we have got more information about the upcoming event in August. These were the key points:
- The event is designed to give people a good time. It’s a motorsport festival. The audience has the chance to be super close to the track, and it’s a unique venue with an artificial lake, gigantic mining machines and a track built in an arena, food village, car show, camping, shuttle busses and DJs;
- IRON DRIFT KING wants to create a stronger connection between the drivers and the drift fans;
- Qualification will be done by fan activation and a special voting app, so the fans decide how high a driver qualifies;
- IDK will accept exactly 64 drivers because of the Top 64 system;
- IDK will run a Top 64 double elimination format, and even after losing in the Top 64, the driver still has a chance to win the event – this should take off some stress from the competition;
- Tyre width will be limited to 265;
- IDK is going to make sure that the teams have just to pay for the tires they use in practice;
- Instead of three judges as usual, IDK will add two more to have cleaner results, so there will be 5 judges in total;
- There will be a track layout change – 25km/h faster entry speed;
- Prize money – 50 000 euros. The Top 4 will get the majority of it, and from the 5th to the 16th, everybody will get the same share;
- IDK will offer Track walks done by the drivers of the event;
- The finale top 16 will be held on Saturday night.